Sunday, December 28, 2008
Christmas!
Christmas came and went. Wow, that was fast. Rylee was in a play with her kindergarten class...The penguin that saved Christmas. It was cute. She was a reindeer. Jacob had a sock exchange and came home with the cutest socks with pink, green and yellow hearts. He loves them and wears them. He scares me. They go great with the piggy pajamas Tasha made him for Christmas.
Just cute pics of the kids:......

One of our Christmas Eve traditions.. Graham cracker houses. Reid and Chad changed theirs up. They used pretzel logs (Reid's idea, for Lincoln's cabin of course.) Jacob did join in with us, but somehow was missed in the picture taking. Tanner had to do his alone because he had to go to work. Oh the joys of growing up. 



Rylee and her new fridge. We found it at a garage sale this summer. She has been dying to know what it was. It was worth the wait.
We went to Chad's parents for Christmas Eve and had a nice night. Missed my other family, though. The kids woke us up this year. It used to be us that did the waking until about 3 years ago. We thought our kids were weird. Chad and I would be showered and dressed, wondering if they were ever going to wake up. They did wait till 7. We had a nice day, lots of movie watching, relaxing and napping.
I had to teach Relief Society today for a friend. I was teaching the talk that Pres. Monson gave in Conference. Finding Joy in the Journey. Ironic? I thought so. So, that was in my head for the last few days. Now, I am looking forward to a week of few responsibilities, no worries of getting things ready. Maybe the boys and I will clean out the house. Probably not.
We took the tree out the day after Christmas. We found out why we usually chop our own down. It was pretty sad looking, and probably should have gone out a week earlier. I was afraid of it catching fire every night. We didn't dare turn the lights on. Oh well, we still had a wonderful Christmas, hope you all did too. Happy Newey Year!
Oh, I almost forgot. Reid got a huge dinosaur lego thing for Christmas, he and Jacob spent most of the day putting it together, so I told him I'd put a pic of it on here. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Finding joy in the journey, that is pretty funny. By the way, cool dinosaur!
konden
Cool dinosaur thing. I love your tradition of the graham cracker houses.
Love the dinosaur Reid! I think you need to put a picture of Jacob with the pig socks and pjs! The log cabins are a great idea! I think I'm gonna try that next year! You guys were definitely missed this year too!
Post a Comment